Friday, March 29, 2013

Fortunately, Nick has nothing to worry about here

Have you ever awoken from a dream about an ex-boyfriend or girlfriend with a terrible sense of guilt? You've cheated on your partner, and now you have to deal with the consequences?

Sometimes the line between dreams and reality is blurred and gentle and happy. And other times you startle awake. Especially if it's somewhere around 3:00 am.

It's an irrational hour. Your world is all dark and quiet and every problem seems dire and also like it needs to be solved by you before your alarm clock goes off.

I found myself in precisely this position several mornings ago.

Suddenly awake, thinking, "I can't believe I did that. God. I'm so glad Nick doesn't know."

I dreamt that I let myself into my old boyfriend's apartment and unloaded his dishwasher.

This is not a euphemism.




5 comments:

  1. Hahhaaaa. You are so delightfully weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok LG this is really a dream various Freud/Jung and other head people would have a field day with lmao.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO!

    A few years back I was in precisely that blurred state when my husband sat on the bed to tie his shoes, and in so doing moved the bed. I shot out of bed stark naked (what? the world needs a few nudists to poke fun at too!) screaming that there was an earthquake and generally running around like a chicken without its head.

    It remains one of my husband's most beloved stories lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any chance you would let yourself into my house and unload my dishwasher? Also, maybe sort some socks?? I promise I won't tell Nick!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it.