Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fast forward to a brief overview of the wedding ceremony. In brief: getting married is fun!

In response to a demand for pictures! Wedding pictures! I am skipping forward.

Please realize this is totally incomplete, and we don't yet have the photographer's pics (but Tej's husband Raj took a lot of very nice ones, featured here). I only have one of my bridesmaids - Jen - coming down the aisle, and I don't have any group shots.

Really, it's mostly Nick and me. And me and me and me. You will probably be pretty sick of pictures of me by the end of this.

I have been trying to figure out how to organize this whole wedding story, because for me, the wedding was really in the middle of things - both an end and a beginning. But squarely positioned between a bunch of amazingness with my friends and a huge adventure with Nick.

But frankly, I often wish I could TiVo real life situations. So I get it, this show the wedding already! sentiment, and so the following is a brief overview.

First, my friend Tori sang "O Mio Babbino Caro" - the aria from A Room With a View, if that rings a bell. She is a breathtakingly beautiful soprano, and honest-to-God, she made people cry while singing. Alas, no picture of this yet.

However, here she is before the wedding, so you have some idea. Incidentally, this photo was taken in the room we had all day to get ready in. It was sooo fabulous. Enormous, gorgeous, glam!
And then my bridesmaids entered. Here's gorgeous Jen with the orange and fuchsia Gerber daisy bouquet they all carried.
Here's my dad walking me in.
And wishing me well before getting married.
These are the flowers next to (not on top of, heaven forbid!) the fireplace.
It was a non-traditional ceremony, and for part of it we borrowed from Quaker tradition and invited attendees to stand and speak as they felt moved to. Which is why we are seated, just the two of us, listening.

This part was incredible, and I'd suggest incorporating something like it to anyone.
Here we are saying our vows.
Putting the ring on Nick's finger was just incredible. I had no idea it would feel like such a big deal.
The kiss.
Post-kiss. And the same wide-open mouth laughing face I had on for the rest of the evening.
Who knew getting married would be so much fun?

28 comments:

  1. Nick is soooo tall!!! (Or are you sooo short??)

    Great pics, and you look wonderful (and wonderfully happy too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beach Bum - Both. He's 6'4" and I'm 5'3(and 1/4)" :). Thank you!

    Hillary - Thank you. It all felt amazing.

    VVK - :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look SO AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL. And so damn happy.

    Woman, you make it look easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first picture (and a few others too) simply took my breath away.

    Congratulations to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. Beautiful. Wonderful. I'm happy you loved every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, just lovely. The dress, the smiles - it does look like fun and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, both of you and all of it! And I wish I'd known about that Quaker tradition, it definitely would have made my wedding more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh the foreplay is over.

    YES!

    you are so radiant and lovely and just oh so picture perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're the most gorgeous bride I've ever seen.

    Yay to all of the FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look beautiful and your dress is gorgeous. Breathtakingly gorgeous actually. Congratulations...again! Keep the pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely wonderful. You look so beautiful, and Nick looks very distinguished! Can't wait to hear and see more...

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yayyyy! You are absolutely beautiful!

    You two look wonderful together. I hope my (very in the future) wedding day is just as much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing and wonderful and beautiful and lovely! Weddings should always be fun! If we weren't married yet, I'd totally incorporate the "say what you like" part--that sounds like a great way to get people involved.

    Just don't forget to tell us more pre-wedding stories! And during and post, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous.
    everything.
    just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lemmonex - Thank you, sweetie. Somehow it was easy. It was hard and stressful and hard. And then so fun and so easy.

    RestaurantRefugee - Ahh, thank you! Thank you!

    Amisare - Thank you. I did. It could've gone on for 36 hours straight and I would've loved every second.

    HKW - It was, my friend, it was all fun and happiness!

    J - Our officiant is the one who suggested it, as he's Quaker. It was really cool.

    Slightly Disorganized - I like a little more forplay, but sometimes it's best to just get right to it.

    Thank you! We were all glowy for days after!

    Nicole - What an amazing thing to say! Thank you!

    raven-smiles - Oh, thank you - wow! I will - people have been sending more and more pics!

    Jessica - Thank you, sweetie, thank you!

    LivitLuvit - Thank you!:) Yours will be just as much fun, it really will.

    Sarah - I loved that part, absolutely loved it. People said wonderful, interesting, charming things.

    I will, I will! Dying to!

    notsojenny - Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look beautiful, tiny and happy. Delightfully happy. If I hadn't read your slightly stressed out posts before the event about the venue, I'd think you just showed up all beautiful and smiley.

    I hope you are always this happy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look gorgeous and I love your dress. You both look so happy-- I'm so glad that you and Nick had such a wonderful wedding to start your life together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lisa, you look stunning!

    Thanks for sharing photos from the big day...you give me hope that my Mr. Right is out there...somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Lisa,
    I'm all verklempt over here. But such beauty! such happiness! I'm almost tempted to think elopement isn't the very best way after all. :)
    Lovely, just lovely. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Girl With Curious Hair - Thank you! And I am so glad to hear that! All the stress beforehand was so worth it. Even if they did continue to chastise people throughout the night for placing things on tables they shouldn't have. Gasp! A cell phone on a house table!

    mysterygirl! - Thank you! We were so happy - it was a great wedding and a very fun start.

    browneyedgirlie - Thank you! He is out there, he really and truly is.

    A.S. - Thank you, thank you! You know, leading up to it, I was sure I'd elope if I were doing it over...and then it was SO FUN! and I wouldn't change a single thing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. congratulations!!! you look beautiful, nick looks completely smitten, and everything looks fantastic!!!! can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh congratulations again! What a beautiful ceremony. =-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You both look lovely. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I could not be happier for you. I don't even know how to elaborate on that. I'm just so darn happy for you.

    Was I right? Did the tears remain at bay?

    ReplyDelete
  25. MrsMac- Thank you! I love hearing that he looks smitten! :)

    Ryane - Thanks - it was definitely unusual, and pretty, it really was pretty.

    LJ - Thank you!!

    FreckledK - Yup, exactly right! Not a tear shed by me. I just beamed the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lisa!!!! You are so beautiful and Nick looks wonderful. It looks like a magical day.

    I'm wishing you a lifetime of that magic.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am so sorry for the late comment but you look amazing and it all looks just lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it.