Friday, March 19, 2010

Magnificent seven

Today, little man, today you are seven months old.

Yesterday someone asked your dad how old you were, and he said, "He'll be seven months old on Friday."

The woman said it was so obvious he was a first-time parent. Apparently by the third kid, you're all, "Um, he was born in August, so...?"

I tell you with no hesitation we will never find out if that's true.

You've become a very good roller this month. You can flip over and back, which you find very entertaining.

You also think it's really fun to shake your head back and forth like you're saying Nonononono.

Since you only do it sometimes, and are clearly delighted by the sensation, I've realized with relief it isn't some weird tic you've developed.

This month we branched out with the food. And you love to eat. Love.

Carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, prunes, pears, peas, oat cereal, rice cereal...You are up for it all. One night you ate cereal plus two 4 oz jars of food. You just kept opening your mouth for more, so Nana kept filling up the bowl and feeding you.

I occasionally worry that this Nom! Food! attitude means you take after your dad's people. But I hope that if I teach you to chew your food and introduce you to yummy fruits and vegetables, you won't grow up to be all heart attack city.

You sleep 12 hours a night fairly consistently. It was painful getting there, but now we all wake up much more rested and happier.

I will always, always be there for you, and it's not that I don't want to spend all my time with you. But 3 am has never been my finest hour. At least, not since I was a teenager.And the biggest news this month is teeth! Teeth!

You have two tiny white teeth peeking their way up out of your gums!

Teeth!

You decided to see how they worked when you were nursing the other day. You surprised the tar out of me.

I, however, turned around and scared the shit out of you by yelling, "Jesusfuck!"

I didn't mean to scare you, but holy hell, little man. However, you haven't done it since, so I can't say I regret the reaction.

It's been a great month, Big J, and every day I think it can't get any better than this. And then it does.

I love you like crazy.

Mama

13 comments:

  1. So far, it sounds like J's on a pretty healthy diet! And 12 hours a night - wheeeeeee!

    Also, it's probably a good idea to get him used to your exclamations early on.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your posts to your son. they are so loving. such a wonderful way to document his life as you go through it together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it wrong that a little part of me hopes that J takes after your people when it comes to profanity?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet way to mark how much he has grown. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big J is a lucky guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dagny - I envy the 12 hours a night. I need to start going to sleep when he does. But for the need to see my husband when he gets home, I totally would.

    You have a wonderful weekend, too, lovey!

    K-Tee - Thank you! I really like having this record to look back on.

    Hillary - Not wrong at all. Although I don't necessarily beat Nick in this regard.

    Grace - Thank you!

    kayare - We're lucky.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. my want for a baby ranges from 1-10 on any given day and i swear each time you post about Big J and especially when you post photos of him it skyrockets to a 12!
    he really is the cutest thing i've ever seen and you tell the highs of parenthood so brilliantly

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much fun. What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! Such a dear, sweet, and spunky post! I can't really go more than 2-3 days without searching for your blog...
    Thanks for making me smile again today - and for that matter, even when you are crankypants.

    I love your honesty.
    Happy Weekend!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. i actually love all your posting way, very unique,
    don't give up and also keep writing because it just simply very well worth to look through it,
    impatient to look at additional of your own posts, stunning day :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 7 is my favorite number and 7 months is a fun age in babies. Happy 7 months! adorable photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can vouch for that whole "chewing your food" thing.

    Verrrrrrrrry important...

    ReplyDelete
  13. 7 months is my favorite! So much personality. And OMG, those effing delicious feet? How can you not gobble up those little buggers?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it.