Friday, March 02, 2007

Going Back to Cali

This evening I head to San Diego for work. Since I'm flying, you know I had cake for breakfast and I'll probably have a pound of M&Ms for lunch. And maybe some crack as an afternoon snack

I have limited play time on this trip, but my dear friend Jane is driving down from LA to spend Saturday with me. Jane, who grew up the same way I did, who has now turned into a SoCal surfer girl. I was hoping she'd get tired of California and move back east, but it's not going to happen. She loves it.

She asked what I want to do, and I had a couple requests. I want to get pedicures at the old place in Pacific Beach that we used to go to regularly. They will even paint daisies on your toes, and I think for old time's sake I have to have that done. And I want to go for a run on the bay. I used to absolutely love that.

And those are the two things I want to DO. For the rest of it, I just want to BE. I want to see the desert flowers that I hope are blooming on the sides of the canyons. I want to enjoy the crazy Southern California vegetation. I want to feel the sunshine and listen to the waves.

Yay!

4 comments:

  1. you have TWO dear friend Janes? Aren't you lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Distant Hills

    The distant hills call to me.
    Their rolling waves seduce my heart.
    Oh, how I want to graze in their lush valleys.
    Oh, how I want to run down their green slopes.
    Alas, I cannot.

    Damn the electric fence!
    Damn the electric fence!

    Thank you.

    _________________________________
    &copy Gary Larson, "The Far Side"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I were you. (And not just because of the breasts.) It's been ten years since I lived there, and I miss all the things you mentioned (except the pedicures). Slim & the Skinnies and I are heading out there to be wed in July and we're all greatly looking forward to it. Right now we're looking at houses to rent for the week.

    What's the name of your favorite SD nail salon in PB? Maybe I'll take my favorite ladies there for daisies on their toesies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2x4 - I didn't love this last place we went, which Jane picked, but liked it fine. I can dig the name off the receipt for you.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it.