Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Androgyny of 7

One of my friends says that odd years are bad for her, unless the year is a prime number. Prime numbers are great. So she's good with 2007. Seven, she says, is positive.

"It's not like 1, which is totally phallic, or like 6 or 8, which are obviously feminine. And 4 is male and very complicated. Seven is perfect. You have the nice curve and you have a straight line. Seven is clean, it's sensual, it's androgynous. I like it."

I cross my sevens, so I'm not sure how that affects things, but I'm very excited for 2007 to arrive. 2006 was, with a few notable exceptions, fairly craptastic.

We are ringing in the new year with a charity party. All the proceeds go to Bread for the City, a non-profit providing things like food, clothing, and medical care to vulnerable residents of DC. If you are looking for a charity to donate to, it's a great cause.

And on top of raising money for a local charity, it's going to be so much fun! We have a hip venue, a seriously kick-ass DJ, a gazillion sparkly temporary tattoos (which last year I wound up applying with gin and tonics, because a glass of water was harder to find than gin), boas, tiaras, and 200 really fun, kissable people. Well, OK, they're not all going to be kissable. But hopefully some of them will. . .

We sold out two days ago, and each organizer got two "last minute lovers" tickets to use as we wish. I don't think any of us have last minute lovers (alas!) but we do have a plethora of friends who didn't get it together to buy a ticket in time.

I wish all of you happiness, health, love, fun, adventure, great surprises, and everything else you hope for in the year to come!

2007 is going to be excellent! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it.