Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!

This year we got the best present ever. My brother and his wife had a baby, and he is the cutest, drooliest, happiest, loveliest little Hobbit on the planet. We are all vying for his attention.

Now, I've never been a kid person. When he was just a little baby blob, I kept asking when he was going to DO something. "When's he going to talk? When's he going to do stuff?"

"Give him some time!"

They announced one day that he weighed 16 pounds! This is what our dog Gloria used to weigh.

And so, as Betty was oohing and ahing over him, I said, "Hey Zach, you know, when Gloria was your size, she could do all kinds of stuff. She could sit, she could shake hands...she could even speak. In two languages!"

None of them appreciated the comparisons.

But really, I'm crazy in love with him. He smiles! He laughs! He's charming! And this is his first Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it.