Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Only Lisa Tailgates This Way

The title of this post is the title M gave to a picture he took of me, drinking wine in his car. He took it on our Philly football weekend. I love the title and the humor behind it.

I've been trying not to write too much about him. I don't know him well yet, and I don't know where it will go. I don't want to jinx it.

I would like to say, however, that it's really hard NOT to like a man who invites you on a random adventure, which turns out to be a football game. Who calls you from Starbucks on his way over to pick you up on that Saturday morning to see what he can bring you. And then when you get up there early, parks his car in the sunshine so you can watch all the other tailgaters but don't have to be outside in the cold. Who then opens the sunroof, pulls out a bottle of wine, and offers you a glass. And then sits and TALKS to you about everything under the sun. Who asks questions about you, and who you are and what you like, about your family, about your interests. And offers up his own personal information. And then, when you go into the game, which he is very into, having played football in college, he still wants to make sure you're having a nice time. It's hard not to like a guy who feels, emotionally and intellectually, like one of your close female friends, and then is also this big, athletic, hot GUY. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. He sounds perfect. We're all out here jealous, but not in a bad way.

    I won't jinx it for you, but oh my. What does your mom say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does he have a single brother? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it does fall apart, and he can get Eagles tickets on a regular basis, I'll sleep with him. For really good seats I'll tape my man-root to my thigh and wear a teddie to better sell the fantasy.

    I've got to get help.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it.