Thursday, February 24, 2011

It's probably hereditary

I looked out from the kitchen, and saw that Betty was hovering at the front door, peering out every so often.

"What are you doing?"

"There's a man out there. He keeps walking back and forth in front of the house."

"Is he acting weird? Are you worried?"

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and headed towards the front windows to investigate. I totally pictured someone in a trench coat casing the joint.

"Oh, no. I just want him to go away so I can go out in my pajamas and have a cigarette."

7 comments:

  1. To be honest, my mind is a little blown that Betty wouldn't just go out in her pyjmamas, random man be damned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, I heart Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The guy probably wanted a smoke himself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. freckledk - Thanks, sweetie! She is a love.

    Hillary - You know, she'll work in her yard in her PJs or some ridiculous outfit, but as our door is not far from the sidewalk, she's more cautious about her clothing.

    HK - I heart you!

    Just Plain Tired - You make a good point.

    Miranda - Very Betty, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty rocks, I wish I had a Betty

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it.