Wednesday, February 16, 2011

This is how I feel about you


I don't know how I lucked into blogging, but I feel so grateful for all of you.

When my heart feels heavy and I'm bent low, I reach out, and you reach back with kind words and virtual hugs and sweet notes. Thank you so much.

Yesterday I was very down. And then Betty called in the afternoon and said, "Jordan can say I love you!" Apparently he'd been running around saying it over and over to her.

It was perfect timing. It was like sipping sunshine.

I didn't see him last night because I worked late, and then Nick and I had a drink at the Tabard. The first date location, the couches and the fire, the gentle atmosphere - all were exactly what I needed.

The only thing lacking was a back to the couch. I called it a stupid couch with no back. Nick called it a divan.

Divan shmivan. Couches should have backs.

Anyway, here's my boy sharing the love this morning. I hope you enjoy.

Hugs to all of you.

13 comments:

  1. Oh, Lisa - this is exactly what I want for you. Jordan is a sweetheart and I'm glad you and Nick could unwind at the Tabard. Love is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing. They somehow know exactly when you need that outpouring of sweetness. What a muffin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HK - Thank you, sweet Heather! Jordan is getting more and more fun, and he's just such a love.

    Wendy - It is amazing. This was definitely the perfect thing at the exact right time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet love boy! What a breath of sweet peace right when you needed it! And it shall continue. I love your family, the way you all try and heal each other as best you can, the way you love and communicate and work through pain and heartache and disappointment's. And your blog? It heals us readers as much as it does for you too Lisa. I know it has for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for all your support, Lynn, and for the candles in the pretty church. Much love and peace to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. monique esselmont2/16/2011 3:34 PM

    You have a virtual world full of love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Monique! What a lovely way to put it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lara is making me replay this again and again! "Baba, baba, come!" He is just too too too cute! My first thought was, 'hey, that Lisa's dad passing on that message'
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, Simply wonderful! Thank you for sharing!

    Anonymous, what a very sad way to spend one's time; giving a spiteful, judgemental and voyeuristic critique of people on a blog that you know nothing about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are just awesome. And I'm so glad to hear that your hard day ended sipping sunshine, then having a drink with that gorgeous man - even if it was on a on a divan schmivan!

    And come to think of it, isn't a backless couch a bit silly? I mean, wouldn't the place like their customers to hunker down and spend a little more time/money at their establishment? Hmmmm, at least they didn't take the seats away at 5:30 like that other place! That was soooo weird! And I told my family not to book there during my nieces' wedding weekend last fall. So there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miranda - One of my friends said that as well, and I love thinking about it that way. I hope so.

    Kate - Thanks for sticking up for me. I deleted; don't see the point in leaving bad behavior posted.

    stacy - Thanks!

    Keenie Beanie - Hahaha! Oh, you made me smile. Thank you!

    tamater sammich - You make me laugh remembering the annoying experience at the W! As for the divan - the room is full of a variety of antique couches, and the divan happened to be the only one not taken. It suits the atmosphere, but turns out to be not so comfy to sit on for very long. Perfect for swooning, however. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it.