Friday, January 20, 2012

Well there ain't no use to sit and wonder why babe if you don't know by now

Nick has been gone all week.

And so, while we do set our alarm nightly - the alarm that to my surprise doesn't go off in a tiny little model of our house at the police station - I sleep with my cell phone right next to my bed. Even though we have a land line right there. Just in case of some unexpected calamity like someone smashing a window and cutting the phone lines or a vampire attack or what-have-you.

I have always been afraid of whatever might be lurking in the shadows. Also, I have always been Team Jacob, despite the alabaster vampire loins and rainbow sparkly skin.

So anyway, Nick has been calling me on my cell first thing in the morning to wake me up.

And this morning, when the house phone, which we almost never use, rang, I was surprised.

I answered, and Betty said, "Lisa?"

"Hi, Mom!"

"Hi! Where are you?"

"In the kitchen. Where are you?"

"I just got up."

"So what are you calling about?"

"I'm not calling. You called."

"I didn't call you. You called me. The kitchen phone just rang."

"Well, my phone just rang, too."

And then it dawned on me to stop talking...which gave me a chance to hear my husband's slightly fainter voice in the background saying, "Lisa! Betty! Lisa! I'M CALLING YOU."

Oh. Hi!

Now that there are two of us, this is probably even more true. Poor man.

9 comments:

  1. Bahaha! I did not see that coming at all. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know he was like, c'mon morons! Figure this out!

      Delete
  2. Hee! That is too funny. At least you can say you were coming out of a sound sleep and so thought your were answering your cell phone. Right? sure. That's it!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suuure! That's it! Thanks! You have a great weekend, too!

      Delete
  3. Hahaha! Thank you for that. I really needed the laugh. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaa I miss land lines!

    And, even though I only read the first book, haven't seen the movies, and can't remember the guy's name... the vampire dude is wayyyy hotter than Jacob, and he's british!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We only have it for emergencies and solicitors, it seems.

    I haven't seen the films either, but don't think either of the actors are that attractive, and definitely not super-pale Robert Pattinson! I just got so sick of Edward in the books. I was totally rooting for the hot werewolf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally team Jacob too. Also, why didn't he just call you on your cell phone? It's like he was trying to create more chaos in your house. Last thing, you and Betty are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it.