Saturday, November 10, 2007

I don't really know what to say about this

In the Blogger preview this image looks tiny, so you might have to click on it to be able to read it. Although reading it is not really the point. It says, "retarded kid bicycle big penis strangers with."

I saved it because it surprised me so much.

Here's the thing. I'm used to people arriving at LG from Googling "foot prostitution" or "butt cleavage" - and while I don't quite get why LG merits being high on the Google search for those terms, those things kind of amuse me.

But this one just made me worry. Not that someone arrived at LG looking for it. But for the person being searched for, if I'm interpreting the search correctly.

I always feel kind of naive when things like this shock me. I don't really know if it's so much that someone wound up at LG through this Google search, or that someone is actually Googling "retarded kid bicycle big penis strangers with."

What is this? I mean, I know what each of those words means, and I can put them together in a sentence if I have to.

But it would never occur to me to string a sentence together with all those words. Much less go searching the Internets.

Hmm. Yikes?

5 comments:

  1. I'm trying hard to find a way to string those words together innocuously. No luck. Maybe if the seeker actually inadvertently left out the space between "pen" and "is".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google Tends lets you you see what parts of the world search for what text strings. It's an interesting diversion to see who searches for what the most.

    For instance, I was surprised to see that Pakistan has the highest rate of searches for "fucking," but totally NOT surprised to see that Australia has the highest rate searches for "beer" and the third highest for "Alcoholics Anonymous. For AA, the US is number one.

    YAY! We're number ONE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MB - Yah, maybe. Hopefully.

    Rich - Will have to check out Google Trends. I love that kind of diversion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that whoever was looking for that may have gotten a little mixed up -- I think they were looking for a comedy sketch from "Upright Citizens Brigade" called "Little Donny" and mixed it up with another comedy show "Strangers With Candy". I think they were both on Comedy Central around the same time...the little Donny sketch was about a kid who had an enormous penis and wasn't aware of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh thank you! That's a relief. I really was worrying about that kid being accosted on his bicycle by a stranger.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it.