Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The measure of a man who loves you?

"You know I love you immensely."

"Enough to kill for me?"

"Pardon?"

"Do you love me enough to kill for me?"

"Oh. Well, sure, sweetie."

"Who?"

"What?"

"Who would you kill for me?"

"Um. That one woman at your office?"

"OK."

"Or maybe some public figures? If that were what you wanted."

"Oh, that's great."

"Yeah. Maybe I'd waterboard them. And strike deals with them for their lives. And then I'd kill them anyway."

"I..."

"I would do that for you. I'd say 'This one's for Lisa!'"

"Yah, well..."

"And then I'd go ahead and use their credit cards. That's how much I love you."

"Huh."

"Or, maybe I'd dress up in a dangerous outfit, and follow people around until... "

"Yes, good, thank you. That's fine. Thank you. I'm glad to know."

11 comments:

  1. Hmm. Maybe revert back to bringing home the bacon (sorry Wilbur), rather than crimminal acts of love :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (1) Be careful what you wish for.

    (2) Never ask a question to which you don't already know the answer.

    (3) Glad to know other people have these conversations, too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HKW - Heh. Plus, he couldn't have run as far with the bacon request.

    Dagny - 1. Agree, 2. Agree, and 3. Me, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The real quote from "Love Story" is "Love means strangling a man with your bare hands". Who cares about saying sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  5. While he's in the accommodating mood, start asking for gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, men... it's always about romance with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. See if he'll kill for your friends too, would you? I'll get you a list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lemmonex - That made me laugh out loud.

    DCup - I will. Good thought!

    LivitLuvit - Heh. :)

    FreckledK - Absolutely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too funny! I have had a man cast spells with me to get revenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that he took it too far for even YOU!

    Which you know, as far as the line goes, is WAY over the line, because your tolerance for the absurdly funny is rather high. Pretty sure Nick can't even see the line anymore. The line is a dot to him. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it.