Tuesday, July 15, 2008

One good way to try your patience and make you really, really happy to be home

So, you go to a different city and live in a hotel for five days. With everyone you work with. And a couple thousand people you don't know.

For the most part, you're ready to go by 6:45 am and your day ends when the event of the evening ends. Or rather, after that ends and after you go out for drinks with the people you like.

And then the thing is, when you spend that much concerted time together, the number of coworkers who fall under the rubric of "people you like" dwindles fast.

People - both attendees and your colleagues - can be great.

But they can also be like this:

Which makes you want to do this:


Luckily, I work with a couple people indulgent enough to see the need for documentation of the flight from Tyrannosaurus Sue.

And that is definitely huge.

Anyway. Hi! I'm home! I missed you!

9 comments:

  1. Welcome back... how's Sue? It's been a while since I've been to see her... I should visit next time I'm in Chicago.

    Also, she doesn't look that scary in the first image. The shadows and lighting almost make her look like a pouting puppy with big eyes...

    What... I said almost.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, OK for you. I think she's scary! :) Cool museum and fabulous place for an event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Welcome home!

    I definitely agree that the more time you spend with people, the less people you end up liking. And I always wonder who winds up liking ME less.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home :) Love, love, love the Field museum. I have a Sue coffee mug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole - EEE! That is something I haven't taken the time to wonder about. But I am sure it is the case.

    HKW - Oh, that's great! I didn't buy anything there, but the Field Museum was really, really cool. As is that dinosaur. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't ever leave me again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never. Ever. Leave.

    What are we going to do when you go on your honeymoon?

    Huh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. FreckledK - I love you, but I can't promise.

    SLR - Ah, sweetie, thank you! :) I have to imagine I'll be blogging from Turkey. I get all twitchy and miss it after a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was SD too by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it.