I'm more of a paragrapher than a list-maker, but I've currently got a bunch of disconnected bits and no story.
So my orts. Numbered for ease of separation, but in no particular order.
1. We've gotten a lot of advice. Some really touching and make me cry-y. And some just plain funny. I appreciate all of it, and the kind, loving place it comes from. At some point I'll print it all out and put it all together.
2. I'm about to pick up Nick's ring. Super exciting!
3. Maude and family are in town! With any luck I'll see her later today. If not, then tomorrow! Can't wait, can't wait!
4. Jen has made it to DC via stops in two other American cities, with one other wedding on the way. She never stops, that one. I like to call myself an international woman of mystery, but the truth is, it's her. This is a woman who takes long weekends in Greece, for goodness sake, and had her bridesmaid dress made for her. Glam!
5. Nick is wearing a tux, and breaking out the mega-bling gold jacket for the dancing.
6. My dad is wearing a tux for my wedding. I've never, ever seen him in a tux. He's going to look gorgeous.
7. Our band cannot play Safety Dance. Not enough time to work it up. And so I really want to sneak in an iPod and speakers. Which will be a delight in two ways. One, we can get pics of Nick in the gold jacket doing the S-S-S-S-A-A-A-A... And two, the staff at the house museum would lose their shit immediately and completely. Yes, I would like to induce this. Yes, I am wicked.
8. Even though I promised Marta I would be vigilant about rubber gloves in textile class last night, I wasn't...I mean, I was up to a point, and then I wasn't. Sort of like teenagers and condoms, I supose. So anyway, I currently look like Lizzie Borden. I even somehow smeared some on my face. Fuchsia dye seems to wear off pretty fast, though, so by Saturday we should be good.
9. Please cross your fingers for sunshine. Because the current weather? Sucks some decent amount of ass.
10. And total non sequitur - I'm signed up for Twitter, but I don't. I just don't really get it.