Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happiness and love and treats!

Whether or not you celebrate Christmas, I wish you quality time with people you love, and warmth, and delicious treats.

We're spending this evening with dear family friends, and then sleeping at my parents' house. Even though we live about 20 minutes away. Because Betty really wanted us to stay over, so we can wake up to full stockings and North Dakota sticky buns.

If I remember tomorrow, I'm going to take pictures and post, because they are like crack. With caramel sauce on top.

I'm not big on telling people what to do (except Nick, and that only works to varying degree), but if I could make one suggestion, it would be this. Make sure to tell the people you love that you love them, and hug them a little extra. Everyone wants to be loved, and you can never hear it or feel it too much.

Thank you for reading, thank you for your emails, thank you for caring about me. I hope for all good things in the world for you.

Big, big hugs to all of you!

13 comments:

  1. *hugs* :-)

    Merry Christmas to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, it's easy to care about you. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful self with us! All good things to you too! (Regarding one of those good things: I've got my fingers crossed for both you and me Every Day! :) Big hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Holidays! The sleep-over and sticky buns sound lovely. I know time with your family will be very specialy.

    After 1400 miles in the car, Luke, Boston and I arrived this morning in North Carolina to be with family. Great photos in the posts I missed this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, Lisa! Have a joyous, fattening time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas, LG! Best of everything to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to you, Nick, and your family!

    Who wouldn't want to wake up to sticky buns?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas, Lisa - hope your first holiday with Nick is wonderful and that Santa brings you everything on your list :)

    And thank YOU for filling my days with laughter and smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you much merriness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, I am so glad I discovered you this year. You are a ray of sunshine in the blogosphere, truly :-). Wishing you the very very best this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo Merry Christmas Lisa (again)! Enjoy those sticky buns!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just hugged you back...did you feel it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. For the second year running, I performed a Google search with "fisting" as a keyword in order to happen upon your blog in the holiday season via customary (for some, apparently) pathways. It seemed the Christmassy thing to do.

    Last year...can't recall if my search met with success, but think not.

    This year...jackpot. Top two links. One of which I followed. Sure as heckfire hope it became trapped in the logfile tarpits for posterity.

    Perhaps I'll add this little ritual to my list of annual Xmas activities...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, you all are just so great!

    VVK - Hugs to you, always.

    A.S. - Wishing all good things for you as well! Hugs hugs to you!

    HKW - Thank you so much for the pics - I loved them. Man, is that a long road trip. I hope your time in NC is great trip home is easy and uneventful.

    J - Definitely, deliciously, super fattening! I hope yours is as well!

    Simple Scholar - I wish the same to you. :)

    DCup - Thank you. I KNOW, who wouldn't? Not even crazy people.

    browneyedgirlie - Thank you! I hope your holiday has been fantastic!

    Susan - And to you!!

    LiLu - Thank you. I am so happy you had such a warm happy one with generations of family.

    Nicole - And to you (again :)). Hugs hugs!

    Lemmonex - I did, I did!

    Anonymous - You made me howl with laughter while reading this at my kitchen table this morning. Thank you so much for that.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it.