Friday, July 23, 2010

The thing is, I have to introduce you to Chris before I can tell you the douchebag story

Because otherwise it just gets way too long. And before I can even get to the douchebag part, you'll be all SNZZZZZZ.

Our friend Chris works for the guy we bought our house from, who is a big developer in DC and, as far as we know from everything in the house and everything we've heard, just generally an unethical douchebag.

We met Chris when we were househunting, and we took to him immediately.

Chris is this tall, very cute, late-20s Midwestern guy originally from a small town in MN.
Being that Betty is from ND and my dad was from MN, they know the same places and had similar growing up experiences, and not just driving by Big Ole Chedo Lino and Babe the Blue Ox.

Until recently, he lived across the street, so the three - or four of us, when Betty is here - have spent many evenings drinking beer, talking about life, playing Scrabble. He even spent Christmas with us.

He is such good people. He's a lot bigger than me but I often have the urge to pick him up and squeeze him.

It would be awkward, because I wouldn't actually be able to lift him, so really, we'd just wrestle until we both fell over and as I mentioned, he is really cute, and so then Nick would be all, "the Hell?"

I don't. In case you're wondering.

So there you have it. That's Chris.

13 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you Chris. Can't wait for part II!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly - part 2 should be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie's Sean7/23/2010 3:01 PM

    Ooooh. Lemon Cliffhanger. I hope we don't have to wait until the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HKW - Chris is lovely. You would like him!

    Susan H - I hope so! I was trying to break it into digestible pieces...

    Sophie's Sean - Now I'm worried that people will be disappointed! No, not till fall. By that time you'd have forgotten all about old Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Chris! I've heard such nice things about you. Though, what's this business with you wrestling a woman half your size? That doesn't seem very nice and Midwestern to me...

    ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chris. Are you single? I like cute, nice and midwestern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You left us hanging? Okay, I still love you anyway. But hanging? Hanging?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dagny - The thing is, he'd be so very shocked by the whole thing. Nick wouldn't be the only one all, "the hell?"

    Heartbeak Hairdye - I'm sorry to report that he's not. And he's all those things.

    Hillary - The way you put that really made me laugh.

    Lisa - I didn't mean it like a cliffhanger...it's not that astounding a story. It's really not.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok Hi Chris nice to met you. Fibre optically speaking that is :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chris.....great to meet you - you sound like fun. And now, what about that story?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it.