Friday, March 02, 2012

If there was a problem yo, I'll solve it. Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it.

If you've ever seen a picture of me, you know that I'm kind of WASPy looking.

I'm one of the palest people around. I've got blue eyes, and used to be a natural blonde, and I freckle more than tan. I guess I actually am a little bit with the Irish, although the Viking ancestry dominates.

OK.

So last year I read about Girl Talk in the New Yorker, and downloaded one of his free mashup albums and it was so fun to work out to. So I emailed a friend who likes this sort of thing. He basically responded I'll see your Girl talk and raise you a Bootie.

I now love Bootie. Love love love.

Because how can you not love someone who mashes the theme of the Andy Griffith Show and Beyonce together? Or Lady Gaga and Bob Marley? LL Cool J and Dexy's Midnight Runners?

Anyway. I've stuck Girl Talk and a bunch of Bootie albums in a playlist, and that's what I listen to when I work out. And I was at the gym in our building recently, and plugged my phone into the speakers. A friend of mine, who is Columbian, likes working out to the same kind of music.

So this one song came on that particularly caught his attention. It's called Big Booty Bitches in Miama - Bombs Away, LMFAO, Busta Rhymes, and Sir Mix-A-Lot.

Sir Mix-A-Lot was the only one I knew out of the mix.

My friend, his English is good, but he's not a native speaker. So he was all, "Lisa, what are they saying?"

I listened a bit...then looked around the room to make sure that nobody else was in earshot.

Because, please picture me, in my no-rhythm pale glory, reciting the following: "I like big butts and I cannot lie...Little bitches get out. We don't want no skinny bitches."

Yes. There you have it. I am not proud.

Happy weekend, all!

9 comments:

  1. I tell you this without a word of a lie: Baby Got Back is on my daily rotation. Not my daily (ha!) workout rotation. My "songs I sing to Grady to get him to shut the eff up" rotation. Further proof you're my kind of people. Have a good weekend, hunny bunny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Hillary, I do love you. I hope your weekend is going well!

      Delete
  2. Wave your hands in the air, shake your derriere. These three words and I'm gettin' busy: Whoomp! Der it is. Hit me!

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should do a playlist around bootylicious butts. In addittion to Big Bootie Bitches, there's Spinal Tap's cheerful "my girl's got a big bottom, talk about mudflaps, she's got 'em." Then there's Queen testifyin' how "Fat bottomed girls they make the rockin world go round." Hmmm, maybe I'll quit going to the gym. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always intend to make themed playlists and I never manage it. But I'm always impressed with people who do!

      Delete
  4. You rock....literally :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! You made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see what you did there. The title of the post comes from just about the whitest rapper ever. I once put Baby Got Back followed by Carolina On My Mind and Why Don't We Get Drunk on repeat on the juke box at Bub's. It went through 2 1/3 times before the bartender unplugged it.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it.