Monday, April 23, 2007

Monday, 10:30 am

A very small update, but positive: My dad got moved to a surgical floor this morning. This means he's out of the ICU. His heart has stabilized.

My mom and brother are with him now. I'll go later this afternoon. We're kind of tag-teaming. It makes it less exhausting.

A friend of mine just wrote to thank me for posting updates on my blog. And then he said, "I know you're not doing it for us, but I appreciate it."

The truth is, this blog was (still is) my cathartic place. It was mine. But Friday morning, at 4:30 am, when I wrote about my dad's suicide attempt, something shifted. For now, anyway, it's not just for me.

I got so many supportive comments, so many emails. All sending positive energy, prayers, hope for my dad and our family. And while I am not religious, I do believe that every drop of those thoughts goes to the same place. And I believe every single one makes a difference.

We have so many people pulling for my dad - more than I'd ever imagined. And I am grateful. I'd beg, borrow, steal for that man. I really would.

Another thing I learned was that friends, not just in DC, not just in the US, but around the world are staying updated by checking my blog. Kris in Paris, Maude in the UK, family friends in Africa, in the Bahamas.

The Internet is an amazing thing. I'd thank Al Gore personally if I could.

I am afraid of exhausting people by writing about this over and over, but it's my entire world right now.

5 comments:

  1. You're not going to exhaust us -- we're all glad to see you're working through it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we'd all like to thank Al Gore for The Internets if we could. Perhaps when this sandstorm has passed, we can make him a big card. =) Blogger Crafty Hour!

    Never stop smiling, Lisa. Not in your darkest moments. It's, well, it's something I tried to do in my dark times, and I suppose I think it helped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As noted, the updates are much appreciated. My thoughts are with you, as they were all weekend!

    Take care, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa - I'm just reading back through your recent posts to see what you're going through. Everyone reacts to things in different ways, so if writing helps you - I'm glad you've found this outlet to help *you*.

    Please do continue to keep us posted on how things are going and know here's one more stranger out there who'll be thinking and praying for you, your family, and especially your father.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMNt - Thank you. I'm glad to hear that.

    AJ - I love the idea of a crafty happy hour! I will keep smiling - you are right, and it is important.

    Dagny - Thank you thank you.

    LJ - Thank you for your kindness and your prayers. I will keep posting updates.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it.