Friday, February 15, 2008

The kind of friends you feel lucky to have

My friend Marta came along with me to look at a venue, but mostly to meet Nick. She and I have been friends for a long time through two jobs, but as she has two kids, our social lives are just so different.

So there hadn’t been an opportunity to introduce them before we got engaged. She has really been wanting to meet him.

I introduced them, and she gave him a hug and said, “Congratulations! I’m so happy for you! I feel like you just won the lottery!”

I love her.

6 comments:

  1. awwww. cute. he did win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely, sincere moment!

    I'm SO excited about the 1st post which mentions wedding planning. I think you'll find the process is worth all the stress and effort, because there's a celebration (and cake!) at the end and the journey offers so many opportunities to see the people you care about most. And it's just the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that put a smile on my face. i love friends like that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm WAY behind, but I wanted to re-join the party already in progress here to say very best wishes on your engagement! I've read your blog for a long time, and I'm really happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SD - And he really does feel that way! :)

    HKW - It's funny you say that, because have to tell you, I'm more interested in the cake than almost any other aspect of this whole affair. I'm not particular about most of it, but there will be amazing cake. :)

    MrsMac - Thank you! She really is a great friend.
    Karen - Hi! Thank you - I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So when do WE get to meet him? Guest post? Pics?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it.