Wednesday, July 03, 2013

When your heart not only walks around outside your body but alternately totters unsteadily and sprints in 57 different directions and wears cutie pie hats

You know, sometimes I need a reminder that I have it really, really good.

Yesterday I was home with both kids, and it was a grey, muggy, rainy, steamy day. We walked to the park and it started to pour. We headed home, to the chagrin of India.

But before the rain, I snapped this photo. My sweet boy, taking his sister's hand, excited to head to the playground.

India has the cutest hats - multiple hats, because we keep misplacing hers - and Jordan always likes them better than his (even though his is camouflage and pretty awesome). So when I bought him the pink butterfly hat in Denver, he was delighted.

He's still young enough to love the purple Crocs he chose himself. To love the fun-colored hat. To not realize that there are stereotypically boy and girl colors.

I know this will change, and one day he'll likely be embarrassed that I let him go out in public like that. And one day they won't want to hold each other's hands, or mine, or Nick's, or Nana's, for that matter.

But I need to remind myself that these days are beautiful. And this is where my heart lives.

9 comments:

  1. Love it! Miss you!

    -"Maricel"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss YOU, too! I'm hoping to see you when you're in town! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. So so sweet. I think all of you will look upon this photo with fond memories.

    Enjoy the holiday, it must be so cool to be/live in DC for 4th of July festivities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heather. I feel like even when things are sometimes trying, you look back on the best. And moments like these are the best.

      Delete
  3. Ah they are so beautiful! And look at India walking walking walking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! Laura, the girl even runs! Not steadily, but she is determined!

      Delete

Tell me about it.