Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Just to be clear: I'm not suggesting we have our own personal Jesus or anything


A number of people have commented on how much India looks like her brother. I don't know if she does or doesn't. Some people think she looks like me. I don't see it, although I'd like to.

And so I started looking through photos to find some of Jordan at her age to compare.

I feel like we spend so much time rushing forward, recording moments but not sitting down to savor them later. Personally, I haven't looked through photos in a long time. So I was going backwards from the present, reminiscing, and I came across this picture from Nick's and my second anniversary of our meeting at the Tabard.

I was thinking how cute Nick looked...and how it's really not Jordan's best picture.

And then I thought, "You know, his face reminds me of someone..." Someone I know? I thought and thought about it.

And then, then I remembered - it was one of the statues in Cluny from our Paris trip!

Pretty sure this unfortunate little fella is Jesus.

Is this life imitating art?

12 comments:

  1. Great song lyric!

    Wow, the resemblance is striking (and worth a giggle) and you're so sharp to make the connection. It is a lovely photo of Nick. Looking at photos or albums I've created is one of my favorite things to do, I should take the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really laughed when I realized who I was thinking of when I looked at his photo. I just had to take that pic in Cluny because of the baby.

      You take amazing photos, Heather - even beyond the memories, you should totally look back and appreciate your work!

      Delete
  2. I don't know...he's way cuter than that baby Jesus. The picture is great. He looks like his daddy a lot, but I see some of you as well. I know with my kids, it seemed they would change back and forth - one year like their dad and one like me - sometimes a bit of both. I'll bet India looks like you. Can we have an updated pic? Glad you're enjoying them: )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Jordan is super cute, but not in the pictures from that evening, or maybe it's that time period? Not sure. People have said she's pure Nick, and people have said she's a lot like me. I will post updated pics and see what you think!

      Delete
  3. I got a giggle out of this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, it might just be pregnancy brain, but my reaction to your first paragraph was "India looks EXACTLY like Jordan."

    Um. Duh. Because that is Jordan. Think maybe I oughta get to bed now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pregnancy brain is such a hassle! Big hugs to you, KB!

      Delete
  5. India does look like Jordan; I've thought so all along.

    Jordan does NOT look like the baby in that statue.

    Nick and Jordan both look cute in that picture, although I have seen others where Jordan looks even cuter.

    Perhaps you should show us more current photos of everyone so that we can discuss this further.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in disagreement about Jordan and the statue - but only in this particular photo. He no longer looks anything like that ugly little stone carving.

      I will definitely put up current photos for further discussion!

      Delete
  6. Jordan is way cuter than the statue, but they do share the same expression. How funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just going to say this. LOLOLOLOL.

    Your children are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it.