Sunday, November 05, 2006

Venn Diagrams

If my mind were represented by a yellow circle, and most other people's were represented by a red one on a Venn diagram, I just wonder how much orange there would be? Some days I feel like the overlap area would be very, very small.

A couple guy friends said they were joining others doing "the Borat thing" this afternoon. This intrigued me.

"Cool. How?" I asked.

"What do you mean how?"

"Where are you going to go?"

"E Street."

"And what are you going to wear?"

"To see a movie?"

"Oh, so you're not dressing like him and running around town."

I got an eye roll from one and a "Huh, that could be fun." from the other.

It's not unlike the first time I heard of Fantasy football. Fantasy football! The possibilities for making fun were endless! I asked the guy who mentioned it to me if he played regularly.

"Of course. You play for the entire season."

"Who do you play as?"

"Well, I have a whole team."

"Right, but who do you like to dress up as?"

So it turns out that fantasy football, as everyone else already knew, is not a bunch of guys dressed as their favorite football players, playing tackle in the yard.

I like my version better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it.