Monday, January 10, 2011

And they're also ideal for storage, is what I'm saying

So Jordan has been walking around saying, "dondoonda!"

"Dondoonda! Dondoonda!"

Much like the humma, I had no idea what he was saying. And then the other day, as he was trying to put a toy in my cup of tea, he said, "dondoonda!"

Don't do that!

So.

Another reason I love the Canadians is that they seem to make the warmest boots eh-vurrr.

Which seems like a non sequitur, but it's not really. Or maybe it is. But it relates.

This is my first pair of serious, sturdy, ready-for-snow boots I've ever had. Not to be all Forrest Gump, but they're my magic boots.

I ordered them a couple weeks ago in a here-comes-the-snow panic, and Zappos brought them to my doorstep in like 15 minutes. As we haven't had snow here yet, I've just been wearing them around the house. Because it's like wearing the warmest cocoon sleeping bag heaters you can imagine. It's delicious.

Anyway, I'd recommend them to anyone, but I'd recommend them one size up. The wrap-your-tootsies-in-warm-magic seems to take up a lot of space.

But now I'm ready for snow.

Jordan knows the word boots, and so I was wondering what he was up to when he was walking over to my boots and saying, "car! car!"

I spent a lot of time saying, "Honey, that's a boot. It's not a car."

Until he turned the boot over and a bunch of stuff fell out.

This turns out to be because one of his new favorite activities is to drop things into Mama's boots. Like cars. And goldfish. And berries.

Cars? OK.

Goldfish? Berries? Dondoonda!

11 comments:

  1. Noooo dondooda!

    I've had my Baffin's for years, they hold up really well. Good investment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now they really are magic boots, you never know what you might find when you put them on.

    I at least need to buy some rain boots or something. We currently have 8 inches of snow on the ground and I have NO good shoes to wear out in it. I have running shoes. That are made to keep my feet cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable boots and Jordan story (complete with photo)! Love the chocolate color of the boots. Winter is mild in Austin but I was in a panic yesterday due to a cold front and ended up with two new wool coats. I couldn't decide between two coats. My feet will have to get through Winter with warm socks and cowboy or suede boots, snow is rare in Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My little sister used to put her shoes on, and then put her shod* feet in my shoes and then stomp around the house making noises... it was funny, but every time I put my shoes on afterwards, there was always crap in them from her shoes.

    * I don't remember the last time I used the word 'shod.'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool boots or should that be Hot Boots? either way I love em. I do hope it wasnt a real goldfish Jordan put in your boot though. Ben took his goldfish for a walk when he was little to show it the garden and the house not long after the goldfish came to live with us. It died. Ben didnt realise you are not supposed to take them out of the water and walk around with them in your hand showing them their new home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's quite convenient when they tell on themselves, no? My little boy old has been known to spurt out "I said no" when he's engaging in his own shenanigans.
    - Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hillary - It made me realize I say don't do that an awful lot.

    Maiden Metallurgist - You will have stories like these veryvery soon!

    And I'd never heard of Baffin - maybe because I've avoided snow, snow gear, and really anything to do with cold weather like the plague - but they are just so great.

    Lisa - I didn't think of them like that! Magic surprise boots - so fun!

    Yes - I learned somewhere along the way that running shoes pretty much suck balls for wearing in the snow.

    HKW - Typically those are enough here, too. But last year was just so rough, and I don't want to get caught like that again. I ruined boots shoveling, plus my feet were cold and wet the whole time. And we did a crapload of shoveling.

    vvk - I don't know that I can remember the last time I used that word either.

    Also, I bet I could still put my shod feet into Nick's shoes. Or yours. I'd try, but as you pointed out, that'd insert a bunch of crap into his shoes.

    Go-Betty - They are so great. Toasty and comfy and great. It was goldfish crackers. It's adorable (although, of course sad for the fish) that Ben took his new pet on a tour of the house.

    Michelle - Hahaha! I said no! He knows!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute. Jessica would go off toward something she knew she wasn't supposed to do, saying "No, no, no"

    The biggest mistake you can make is to NOT give kids enough credit. They are insanely smart!

    LOVE the boots. We were in NYC for the big snowstorm. I would have given ANYTHING for those! (But since I live in FLA, not really a smart purchase.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehehe. Munchkin Number 2 keeps everything in her "cubby." Which is the cupboard under the tv. Yeah. Glasses of milk. Forbidden scissors. Selected things from my purse that she wants to steal. She's sneaky. She just hasn't figured out that we *know* about this secret stash...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alex REALLY likes to wear my boots. And put them on me. And put stuff in them. The other day, a piece of cheese fell out of my boot.

    I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it.